1. How long does it take for my health insurance application to be approved?
Once your application is received in our office we review it and and call you for any missing information. Then we forward your application to the underwriter for approval. If no information is needed from your doctor, your application may be approved within a few days. If medical information is needed from your doctor it could take several weeks for your application to be approved. We will keep your informed.
2. How long does it take for a dental insurance application to be approved?
Completed dental insurance applications are approved quickly and dental policies are assigned an effective date of the first of the month following receipt of the application.
3. Where do I mail my completed health or dental insurance application?
Anthem Blue Cross/Yale Insurance
P.O. Box 119
Somis, CA 93066
Call toll free: 1-800-750-0040
4. I'm turning 65 soon. What do I need to know about Medicare and Medicare Supplement Plans?
You've come to the right place! As an Authorized Independent Senior Agent for Anthem Blue Cross, I specialize in helping Seniors select a Medicare Supplement plan that best fits their needs and budget. Please visit the "Medicare Supplements" section of the site for in-depth information.
5. How careful do I need to be when answering the health questions on the application?
You need to be truthful when answering the health questions. It isn't important if you forget that you broke a finger when you were a child, but it is important that you complete the health question section carefully and as accurately as possible. If you make a misrepresentation on the application that would effect your eligibility for coverage the company has a two year discovery period, which could cause your application to be cancelled retroactively. This could leave you in a serious condition without coverage.